Thank you for your application, we will contact you as soon as possible.
Our competence center Tobania.Development is looking for a talented Java Developer who will join the Java community.
The competence center consists of Tribes, Chapters and Squads (Spotify Model).
What does a Java Developer do at Tobania?
- You are responsible for developing high-quality software applications
- You work with State-of-the-art frameworks, methodologies (TTD, BDD, continuous delivery, DevOps ...) and architectures (DDD, microservices…)
- You actively participate and contribute to the Java community (presentations, support…)
- You will become part of a team of passionate Java specialists
What profile are we looking for?
Besides your obvious drive and motivation, you will increase your chances by ticking as many of these boxes as possible
- Studies: you have an IT-related degree, a passion for Java development and a willingness to expand your already extensive knowledge on the subject
- Experience: 5+ years.
- Languages: fluent in Dutch and/or French, and English.
- Strengths: communicative, a team player, loyal, a problem solver, creative, proactive.
- Good knowledge of Java, Java EE and Spring, front-end technologies, design patterns, ...
- Familiar with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Familiar with PAAS solutions such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Good understanding of most used tools and frameworks
- Experience in delivering quality code
- You can work using the agile principles
- Experience in automated testing: unit testing, integration testing and acceptance testing
What do you get in return?
Tobania offers you:
- An indefinite contract.
- A competitive salary with plenty of fringe benefits, such as a company car, smartphone, 12 additional days of holiday, meal vouchers, and group and hospitalisation insurance and so much more
- The possibility to work from home every now and then
- Great colleagues that you’ll fit in with: open minded, enthusiastic, and fully up for working as a team
- The chance to further develop your talents through good coaching and training in our very own Tobania.Academy
- Fun events: after-work drinks, technical events, etc.
So … Tobania, who’s that again?
Tobania is a dynamic and fast-growing Belgian company. We present ourselves as a Business & Technology Consulting partner for private businesses and governments who want advice, expertise, services and solutions to successfully execute their digital transformation process. In 2019, we had a turnover of 94 million euros and we employed 1000 Tobians. By 2022, we aim to reach the 110-million-euro target. Our strategy: keep on expanding and diversifying our services and solutions. But we need more Tobians to make that happen, so click on that apply button already.
Will Jan become your new colleague? He's a Java developer at Tobania.Development.
- 34 years
- Loves listening to music
- Likes technology
- Tobian since 2007
Always hungry for knowledge.
“As a child I was surrounded by technology. With a father who designed modems, it was not surprising that I was always busy soldering, assembling robots and programming them. I started studying applied computer science and learned a lot, but it didn't stop there. As an Enterprise Architect you ensure that all software from the back office is well connected. And that the need for new software and applications within the company is addressed. For that you have to educate yourself every day. For example, now, I want to follow an MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Vlerick to further develop myself.”
“I started as a Solution Architect consultant at Tobania, but grew to become an Enterprise Architect. Within a company that grows as fast as Tobania, you constantly have new opportunities. It is a matter of seizing those opportunities with both hands. "
“Of course, I read a lot about business and new technology, but I am someone who is very eager to learn about lots of areas. For example, I am a very dedicated sportsman and, from that point of view, I am also very interested in nutrition. That’s not only about healthy food, but also about enjoying slow cooking and BBQ. Work and life, health and enjoyment. Everything balanced out!”
Sander Lesage, Enterprise Architect at Tobania
Live up to your ambitions
“I initially started as a consultant at Tobania, but always with an ambitious plan in mind. I wanted to play my part in the story of a company. That promise has been fulfilled after two years: I grew from a consultant Program Manager to Operations Manager. This way, I contribute to the company’s game plan.”
“Being Operations manager at Tobania.Business, I am responsible for the link between our customers and our business consultants, together with my team of Business Managers. That also includes a lot of operational follow-up: I keep a close eye on the effeciency and budget of our unit.”
“We write the story of Tobania together: for me that’s only possible with motivated colleagues, who want to work together on the bigger picture. It's just like cooking: all ingredients together determine the success of your dish. Only with the right combination, you can achieve the best results: in the workplace and in the kitchen! Suprised that I’ll soon be the proud owner of a chef’s degree?”
David Decreemer, Operations Manager at Tobania
It's like music to your ears
“I am a passionate musician and I have played together with lots of metal bands in Belgium, but also abroad. Not until being a teenager, I learned to play the guitar, but I soon went full on. Wasted Years by Iron Maiden would be the perfect soundtrack for my journey. The title is misleading: it's about looking at the future and persevere in life. That is also very important in my job as a project manager. I enjoy making progress at a project and working together with a variation of teams to achieve it.”
“I actually studied Applied Linguistics, but teaching or translating was not something that appealed to me. Fortunately, good communication is necessary in every company. During my first job, I ended up playing a team leader role and it suited me to manage different teams. I am taking part in meetings most of the day. We work on solutions, both in the technical and business department.”
“Tobania is young at heart and that appeals to me. At the same time, Tobania has a critical attitude, also towards its own operation methods. Moreover, the opinion of the consultants is listened to: they keep your place of residence in mind and take your other preferences into account. HR chooses to conduct a practical and concrete policy, which I really like."
Jef Van De Weghe, Project Manager at Tobania
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your application. We will contact you as soon as possible.